We’re Doing Two Shows in 2018!
This is the page for the melodrama, info.
If you want audition info for the musical, Into the Woods, click on this link.
will run during the Uintah County Fair… during the week of June . The exact number of shows is still to be determined… and again on Wednesdays during the run of Into the Woods… June 27th and July 4th.
Singing In the Rain will open on Monday, June 19 and run Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays for two weeks, closing on Saturday, July 1, 2017.
When will auditions be held for ? (PICK 1 date below)
Monday, April , 2018, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM, or
Tuesday, April , 2018, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
*You do not need to attend all of the audition sessions, only one… then be available for callbacks, if there are any held.
**Auditions are primarily given on a first-come-first-served basis. Exceptions have been made for dire circumstances.
[Special times may be available by appointment if the above dates and times absolutely won’t work for you. Scroll down to see about submitting a video or remote audition.]
Where will auditions be held?
Western Park’s Ice Arena Building [east doors], 302 East 200 South, Vernal, Utah
Who may audition?
Everyone (over age 14) is invited, no one is pre-cast before auditions take place. Every part is important! Chorus parts (with little or no lines) can make the show great or just average. No matter how great the leads are, if there’s not a strong supporting cast, the show cannot reach its potential. Where would Gladys Knight have been without her Pips? Then again, are you the next Julie Andrews or Gene Kelly?
Note on Children:
Any/all children (under 15 years old) that are cast must have a parent or a mature relative or guardian involved with the production on a nightly basis.
What to Prepare:
Preparations to audition for the melodrama, Showtime On the Showboat, should be basically the same as for any of our musical productions. But, here are a few extra notes:
- Prepare a song (no more than 1 verse and 1 chorus)… possibly in the style of a melodrama/farce, e.g. over-dramatic, silly words, slightly irreverent, old-timey.
- A short monologue in a comedic style.
- Be prepared to cold read… relax and enjoy this as much as possible, because the ability to react (and possibly improvise) to the audience is paramount.
- Even though Showtime On the Showboat is not a musical. There are a couple of songs in the show and there will be olio’s performed with the show. An “olio” is usually a collection of short songs or skits that may be performed before or after a show or even between scenes. They often engage the audience in participating and just generally add to the overall feeling of everyone (performers and audience) being a part of the show.
- Click on the “How Do I Audition?” link below to get a lot of good suggestions about what to do, or not do, for a successful audition.
Rehearsals will begin the week of May , 2018, and run weekdays between 7-10 PM. Exact dates and times for the melodrama will be determined as it gets started. Those rehearsals will be fitted around the musical rehearsals in the most efficient manner possible.